Join the 99s Today!
out the Top Ten Reasons for becoming a member. When you join The Ninety-Nines and you have these membership benefits available to you.
- Experience:Members of The 99s have histories and achievements flying every type of aircraft, from the space shuttle to taildraggers.
Whether it's career flying, air racing, soaring, aerobatics, or ballooning - you name it, there's a 99 doing it! And we've
been through the same trials and tribulations when trying to learn to fly, achieve advanced ratings, and advance our careers,
so share your concerns and take advantage of our knowledge and sympathetic ear.
- Scholarships: Each year The 99s awards Amelia Earhart Memorial Scholarships to qualified members, with over 400 winners to date.
The Ninety-Nines' sustained commitment to scholarships for women pilots has resulted in over one million dollars invested
in the Fund. Career Scholarships are given for advanced flight training and education, Research Scholar Grants add to the
world's knowledge of women in aviation and aerospace, and Future Woman Pilot Awards assist with completion of the private
pilot certificate. Many chapters and sections provide additional scholarships to women pilots. In 2005, thirteen Career Scholarships
were awarded for ratings - instrument, commercial, CFI, instrument instructor, multi-engine instructor, and ATP. Four FWP
Awards were given to members as they pursue their private pilot certificates.
- Resources for career pilots: The
Careers Committee sponsors projects for members in pilot professions. The 99s Pilot Career Resource Center can be accessed
on the 99s website. The Pro 99s Network is an email forum for women pilots to discuss pilot career concerns. In the 99s Professional
Pilot Leadership Initiative (PPLI) Program, "Captains" develop leadership and career achievement skills as they
are mentored by "Navigators" in a structured, formal mentor program.
- 99s Flight Training Forum: Our Flight Training Forum (FTF) is for members to discuss questions and concerns about all flight training issues.
- 99s News Magazine and our website: Two sources of news about women pilots and our activities
around the world.
Email Network: This email network provides a means for 99s to discuss varied topics -- flying,
chapter/section innovations and ideas, networking and mentoring, being a 99 and more.
- 99s Membership Directory: Find women pilot friends worldwide in our directory, also available on CD-ROM and online for members only.
- Camaraderie: Most
importantly, The 99s provides the means to celebrate the unique bond we share as women pilots at the local, section, and international
level of The 99s.
It's easy to join
- As a licensed pilot: Join as a "99." In one year, you may apply
for an AE Career Scholarship.
- As a student pilot: Join as an "Associate Member". The clock begins ticking
on the one-year waiting period to apply for an AE Career Scholarship.
Our membership application is available in Adobe Reader (.pdf) file format. If you do not
have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in your browser, you can download, and install the plug-in before you are able to view the application.
Membership questions? Contact
the Southeast Section Membership Chair Eileen